- Thank You-First of a huge “Thank You” goes out to all of the fleet members and volunteers that made this year’s Downeast Regatta possible. It was a fantastic event and we received tons of positive feedback. There are already 10 boats registered for next year’s 25th Annual Downeast, which speaks volumes to the level of quality of our event. Nice work everyone!
- Haul Out-I am in the process of scheduling the Fleet Haul Out. I am contemplating scheduling it after the end of the PYC Fall Series so that the boats that are not traveling can compete. Feed back from boat owners on this haul out plan before the end of this week would be appreciated.
- PYC Fall Series-The PYC Fall Series is held on the next four Saturdays and races are followed by chili, chowder, and drinks at the Portland Yacht Club. Remember at the age of 80, George Tonini won the Lightship Race on his J24, Trick or Treat. Let’s get some fleet boats out there! For more information visit the website.
- Handy Boat Regatta-There is also the Handy Boat Regatta, which is this coming Sunday. This is a fun main and jib race for family and friends, a Second Chance favorite.
- Leafer’s Last Leg-The Leafer’s Last Leg hosted by Sail Maine on October 17th. For more information about this event see the website.
- Storage-Lastly, Rich Carlson is offering winter storage in an un-heated Westbrook location for boats on trailers at $20/ft of boat length. The storage runs from November to May. You can not work on the boats while in storage. Vehicles, RVs, etc are also welcome. Contact Rich Carlson at 207-831-2392 if you are interested.
Archive for the ‘For Sale’ Category
- Located in Harpswell, ME
- 1982 J-24 hull # 3359
- ’97 Triad trailer, excellent condition
- Measurement certificate
- 3 Owners:
-’82-’88 Lake Michigan, not raced
-’88-’00 Eastchester Bay , NY raced most years
-’00-’08 Stamford, CT and Harpswell , ME, Raced infrequently
- Changes from original:
-Faired keel and rudder
-Hull stripped and barrier coat added in 1996
-Halyard cleats moved to mast
-Pole controls moved to deck near mast
-New Halyards 1995
- 2 sets of sails (main, genoa, spinnaker), one working jib
- Complete running and standing rigging, and boat gear
- Price $ 11,700
- Contact Tim Manny 617-293-3930 or firstname.lastname@example.org
2009 J24 Downeast Regatta Sponsors: Maine Sailing Partners/Vermont Sailing Partners and Hallett Canvas & Sails want you to know that the change in rules for 2009 allow Aramid/Kevlar genoas. Also, to be prepared for the 2009 season, District One Champs on May 15th & 16th and Wednesday Night Racing starting in May; it’s best to place an order soon.
All sail lofts are providing discounts on multiple sails purchased at recession busting numbers so please inquire directly with the contact person at each place for an exact quote.
Keep your money local in 2009 to help support our Maine economy!
Hallett Canvas & Sails 2009 J-24 Sails
Contact: Jonathan Hussey (207)781-7070
1. New Main –Dimension Polyant Dacron Square 245,No Reef, Class legal with Royalty tags, Sail Number, Standard Battens, Vision, Window, Insignia, Leechline, Telltales, Tube Bag
Cost – $1,727.80 ( 13% discount Included in pricing. Discount ends 4/24/09)
2. New Genoa -Dimension/Polyant Flex Aramid Laminate, Glued Seams, Leech and Footline, Sail #,Vision Window, Tube Bag, Cross Cut construction on Genoa
Cost – $1,544.45 ( 10% discount Included in pricing. Discount ends 4/24/09)
New Genoa – Dimension Polyant X-Tech Material, TriRadial Construction, Leech & Footlines, Sail #,Vision window, Tube bag, Glued Seams,
Cost -$1,761.36 ($13% Discount Included in pricing. Discount Ends 4/24/09)
3. New Spinnaker –Tri-Radial Cut, Contender Superkote 75 nylon, Sail #s, sail bag.
Cost – $1,704.05 (10% Discount included in pricing. Discount ends 4/24/09)
4. New Jib –Dimension Polyant SF 280,Glued Seams,Leech and Footline, Sail #, Cross Cut, Tube sail bag.
Cost – $1,141.21 (10% discount Included in pricing. Discount ends 4/24/09)
If you decide to order two or more sails we will discuss further discounts at that time.
50% Deposit, 50% due on completion of work.
Maine Tax not included in above prices, where applicable.
Quote good for thirty days.
Maine Sailing Partners/Vermont Sailing Partners 2009 J24 Sails
Contact: Rob Haile (207) 865-0850
1. J24 class spinnaker, triradial Bainbridge AIRX 650 or Contender Superkote 75, sail
number, class rule stamp, royalty tag, sail bag- Cost $1490
2. J24 class mainsail, crosscut Contender 6.52 oz. Polykote, RBS tapered epoxy batten set, spreader window, Cunningham, tack slug, shelf foot, draft stripes, sail number, insignia, class rule stamp, class royalty, tube bag- Cost $1585
3. J24 class jib, triradial Dimension-Polyant 265S HTP plus 6.2 oz. SquareWeave Dacron, RBS tapered epoxy battens, telltale window, vision window, draft stripe, Cunningham, class rule stamp, class royalty, tube bag-Cost $1235
4. J24 class genoa, crosscut Dimension-Polyant Flex 13P 4.9 oz. Pentex laminate, draft stripes, sail number, telltale window, vision window, Cunningham, skirting grommet, spreader patch, class rule stamp, class royalty, tube bag-Cost $1365
J24 class genoa, crosscut Dimension-Polyant Flex 13A 4.9 oz. aramid laminate, draft stripes, sail number, telltale window, vision window, Cunningham, skirting grommet, spreader patch, class rule stamp, class royalty, tube bag-Cost $1675
Multiple sail and recession discounts available!
Here are a couple of pictures of the boat for sale in Northeast Harbor. Looks in pretty decent shape. Asking $6,200.
Contact Carl Neilson 610.879.4508 Carl.Neilson@Grubb-Ellis.com.
More pics available from either Carl or me.
This boat is in Northeast Harbor . . . 1982 model year has a trailer and motor. It is in good condition and has new navy blue awlgrip with older sails. Typically, it was launched and moored only in August of each year. Asking $6,200
Please contact me at 610.879.4508 Carl.Neilson@Grubb-Ellis.com Thanks Carl Neilson
This from Andrea Rand . . .
I would like to list Rockstar for charter for the season. She has a mooring off from the Town Landing, parking near PYC. If I can’t get a seasonal charter I would like to list it for sale. Now that I have the J41 Northstar I have 2 too many boats and not enough help and $$ to support them. I like to list her for $9000. #2250 1980 great condition and a nice trailer ready to go. Get on the water this summer. Join a great fleet! Andrea Rand 781-7421 cell 831-4151 email@example.com
I’ve recieved emails from two people recently interested in selling their J24s. I’ll copy the emails below.
Thanks for the invite. My 1989 J24 is up for sale. I am asking $15,000. It comes with a Triad trailer and a new ( approx 3 hours usage) Nissan 4 HP 4 stroke motor. The hull is white and has the teak toe rails and the 2 tone deck, grey. If there is any interest in the boat please reply to this email or contact me at 508-540-9714
47 Burnham Drive
Falmouth , Ma 02540
From: Bruce McArthur [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
Hey Howard,Hope your summer is off to a good start. Our first regatta is next weekend, 6/9-10. it’s the district 3 championships so I guess I’ll get a good feel for where I am then. I am also going to the Newport regatta in July. Will I see you there?
Anyway, I’ve put Volcano up for sale. Looking at a bigger racer/cruiser so I can include my family in my weekend plans for a change (they don’t like the J24). I posted the boat on sailinganarchy.com. It is in pretty good shape. Do you remember it at COC last year? Over the winter I added new dyform shrouds and 1×19 stays. I also bought a new set of sails which I won’t use before Newport. I am asking $14,000 including the sails and am willing to deliver her to Portland.
Just thought I’d mention it if you happen to know of anyone who might want to get into the sport or upgrade their J24 without the hassles of actually doing it. To get an older boat into the shape Volcano is in would cost a lot.
If you hear of anyone who is interested, my cell is 203-856-4452.
Thanks. Hope to see you soon!
UPDATE 6-8-07: FYI. Dan Marston’s “Underdog” is also for sale. Dan can be reached at 207-229-3985.